View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 09:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
I'd like to know the tricks to finding those new door knobs. I've got a TM-21 with a dead shorted doorknob, and I suspect the somewhat unstable regulated HV level and slightly higher (than I like) H out current/temp in my 21CT55 may have something to do with bad doorknob caps.
Let me know what you're looking for and I'll see what I can find.

I replaced the reactance coil tonight. I had 3 or 4 NOS Miller or Meissner replacements but I couldn't figure out how they were supposed to work as the original had 5 terminals and these have 6. They all have one terminal painted with a green dot but the Philco had it on the opposite side. Well, I solved my problem because further digging in my box-o-coils turned up a genuine Philco "pull". It has a different suffix but my cross reference charts take it to the same replacement. I got that installed after supper and, since I could now get audio on the bench with a converter box connected, naturally I had to try it again with everything hooked up. This is when it gets to be fun! Plenty of work to do but I'm very happy with how this is turning out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 123.jpg (44.8 KB, 139 views)