View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 11:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hi all, first time posting here! Sorry if reviving this thread is frowned upon, it just seemed like keeping all the Indextron VF info in one place made the most sense to me from a reference standpoint.

I'm yet another weirdo looking to use the viewfinder in the RCA CKC021 as a standalone monitor. I've got it all hooked up and such but I can't seem to get the color indexing portion to work correctly. It's all weird color confetti, all the time, and making the adjustments written in the service manual solves nothing, sadly.

I've been measuring voltages listed on the schematic, and I'm wondering if my version of the service manual is either old or incorrect, or if there's something broken on the board.

In the attached image of the schematic of the EVF Process I board (page 8-59 of the service manual), pin 18 of IC1701 should be 4.9V, connected to the right output of the 2.7MHz bandpass filter. However, on my board, pin 18 shares continuity with ground. I'm not sure if the BPF is broken, or if the schematic is incorrect. If anyone else has a CKC021 VF and could verify what voltage is supposed to be on that pin, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Also, wow, that pink Sharp model! I must have it!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 12.04.42 AM.jpg (112.9 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by JeremyAbel; 09-19-2016 at 11:26 PM. Reason: oh jeez giant image!