View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 02:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiotvnut View Post
Here's a few more plain looking radios that date from around '65 to about '70. The first picture is a Sears Silvertone 7209. This is a hefty radio with a chrome metal front. This is a model 7209 and uses a round 9V battery.

The second picture is of four pretty plain models.

From L to R:
1. Realtone 10 transistor AM made in Japan.
2. AITC 8 transistor AM. Printed label says assembled in Singapore. The back has printed in tiny letters at the bottom "British crown colony of Hong Kong."
3. Philco-Ford AM made in Taiwan.
4. RCA AM/FM made in Japan. Model RHM19E. The antenna is broken and I think the band switch is erratic. This one has a stand on the bottom.

Pocket radios seem to be getting harder to find. The last one I saw was in a local flea market. It was one of those later model silver Radio Shack weather radios. They wanted $29.99 for it. I laughed and moved on.

I've got that RCA...the bandswitch is erratic on mine too, have to get it just right on FM. FM reception is weak, only the strong stations are good, but it does improve when I connect a random wire antenna to the collapsed whip. Very good on AM! A good DXer on the AM band! I have to tighten the tuning dial every now n then, luckily the screw for that is accessible...

Chuck