View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 04:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
There must be a switch inside the clock mechanism that is activated at the set time.

jr
Strage part is that since I got the buzzer part going again, the radio part of the radio function of the alarm will activate but only if the manual/auto button is switched to manual and then back to Auto again then the radio works with the alarm, but then when you switch it back to buzzer mode and then back to radio again the radio quits working again with the alarm until you hit the manual/auto switch again so there's definitely something funky going on with the circuitry associated with the mode/power switches on the top.
And yes I know theres a switch inside that allows the clock mechanism to activate the alarm at the preset time, its a small momentary SPST switch that is activated by a small metal lever that kicks up against the switch at the set time and then triggers the alarm.
But I don't think that switch is what's causing my issues, its something to do with the mode/power switch circuitry on the top of the unit because like I said the buzzer works like its supposed to, but the radio will only work with the alarm if the auto/manual switch is switched to manual and then back to auto, but its only temporary because as soon as you switch the alarm mode switch back to buzzer and then back to radio the radio is dead silent again, but like I said the buzzer works fine regardless.
What's interesting is that the condition with the radio not working with the alarm unless the auto/manual switch is triggered to manual and then back to auto in radio mode for the alarm is what this unit did when I first got it before the alarm started acting up, so I don't know what to say about this issue.
I know this unit is supposed to be able to have the radio come on with the alarm because otherwise it wouldn't have an alarm mode switch with the option for radio or buzzer built in, so obviously its not that the alarm doesn't have the option for the radio to come on with the alarm because it does, its just that something in the circuitry isn't allowing the radio to trigger with the alarm when the alarm is set to radio mode.

Last edited by Captainclock; 02-18-2017 at 04:56 PM.