View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 02:30 AM
Convergence freak!

Allow me to retort. I retract my previous staement about how easy this set is to set convergence. I have never met a CRT television that was more stubborn to fine tune convergence than this beast! When I adjust Y bow it adjusts vertically, when I adjust the bottom red bow (H HILT) it moves blue. Static ring convergence (horseshoe magnet on the CRT neck) it changes all over again for red VERT STAT... Im sort of a perfectionist unfortunantly, and dont stop until I achieve success. I have been screwing with this set since Friday morning (non stop and it's driving my wife nuts cause she says it looks good). Lol, anyway, as of Sunday...... Scratch that, (Monday) morning at 12:30 am.. I am relieved to say that I am done and the back is now on the set..

Does anyone have any idea what it's like to turn a cenvergence knob w/o being able to see the CRT? I have a blister on my right foot from dragging it over the carpet redundantly.

Anyway, yeah I may be crazy but I guess the results I look for seem to be scrutinous compared to lets say my wife or anyone else that has senn it in person so far. I'm sure some of you guys are the same way as me. Please say yes. Lol

Last edited by freakaftr8; 05-17-2010 at 02:45 AM.