View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 11:17 AM
REAL TVs have TUBES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakaftr8 View Post

Does anyone have any idea what it's like to turn a cenvergence knob w/o being able to see the CRT? I have a blister on my right foot from dragging it over the carpet redundantly.

Anyway, yeah I may be crazy but I guess the results I look for seem to be scrutinous compared to lets say my wife or anyone else that has senn it in person so far. I'm sure some of you guys are the same way as me. Please say yes. Lol
On the convergence; I replaced the CRT in one of mine, by swapping in a better one from a CVM-3000. I left the yoke and neck apparatus in place, so no problem. I can't remember, but aren't the dynamic pots in the black metal cover below the aux controls on the front? I wish I had the alignment & setup manual on that set, but I never ordered it at the time. I do have it for other Sonys of that vintage, but it sounds like you got it set.

On the time being spent obsessed with a hobby item and your wife, I know all about that. Try explaining why you and your wife should get in a truck, and spend 10 days driving 6000 miles round trip, to get a 1200-lb air raid siren to install on your patio... Then spending days installing and wiring it up to the house .

Charles