View Single Post
Old 04-18-2023, 11:48 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hmm, well the strange thing is that I have tried that and the noise doesn't go away, and I live in a strictly residential neighborhood so no industries near by to create interference and I only have one neighbor that lives close enough to me to be able to have any sort of effect on my house and the weird thing is that when I use my battery powered radio the further away from the center of the house I go the better the reception gets (the interference goes away).

When I used my battery radio to try and trace the interference down in my house the interference is worse in the basement in a small 1 cubic foot area of my basement that is near the floor drain in the basement, and in front of where my water heater and furnace sits and in front of where my utility sink for my washer and dryer sits, and as far as I know there is nothing in that area that has a switchmode power supply that can create any sort of interference. The weird thing is that my tube radios are affected the worst by the interference than my solid state radios are...

The only other thing I can think of is that perhaps there is a radon gas leak in my basement that might be causing an issue? I know that from what I read radon gas is more prevalent during the day and less prevalent during the evening and night time hours, and is completely dependant on the sun.
Since radon is a natural byproduct of uranium decay is it possible that my radios are acting like geiger counters or like a radon detector of sorts?