View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 10:35 PM
The Resident Brony

Update again: Good news! I got the scope working. At least I think so. It's very responsive now and will pick up hum from me, or touching the leads to other things. Turned out to be a simple case of crusty tube sockets. I still need to get one of those terminal strips.

Bad news: the signal gen seems to be not working at all. I thought it was making a very low amplitude wave on the RF side, because I could see it on the scope and adjusting the amplitude knob on the gen affected it accordingly. That is, until I realized that the wave continued even after the generator was turned off lol. I guess the knob was acting as a sort of variable hum antenna. Shame, I'd thought the generator would be just peachy, it hadn't been modified and on fire like the scope had been.

I hate to be putting time on a NOS crt, but I have little choice at the moment. I'm keeping the brightness all the way down and the focus all the way blurry, even though, yeah, it's not like it's going to burn in over the course of 20 minutes or so. But still.

Last edited by MadMan; 02-22-2017 at 10:40 PM.