View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 01:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC Tech-109 View Post
Give me an idea of what you think a good used 6KD6 is worth and if no one else steps up to the plate I will look at my bins. I'd much rather help out a fellow member than go for a profit. I'm also an Audiokarma subscriber so we can do the business thing there and stay with the rules.
Thanks for the offer! I actually went ahead and ordered and got a brand new NOS RCA 6KD6 tube on ebay for $35ish dollars including shipping. I replaced the old dodgy looking one in the tv and sure enough the new one works fine! Funny that I guessed the 6KD6 was bad even before I turned the tv on and was right just by visually looking at it. Anywho, now there is arcing in that metal box where the flyback is. Luckily flyback still looks fine but the arcing appeared to be happening where the HV rect. tube is hanging from upside down in its socket. So it may be a bad HV rect. tube now. I already ordered and got a replacement for it just in case so hopefully that is all it needs. I managed to get to the point where the CRT high pitch whine could be heard, CRT filament lit up but no light or picture on the tube, solid state sound was heard loud and clear. Then that was when HV rect. tube or something really close to it was arcing and I quickly turned off the tv.

It scared the heck out of me lol.