View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 01:39 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
I got all three of mine on eBay over the last two years. ALL of them described as not working. I've NEVER seen one working but one somewhere here on VK that was restored (I think "Nelson" or somesuch). One was pretty rough and since it was described as "sound works"....I robbed it of a tuner/if board. The only one of three to show SOME life in the tuner. This one I cobbled together is the best parts of all three, but still required some extensive recapping to be watchable.

I'm obviously not done with it yet...but it does display pretty good, and the cabinet does display REAL nice. I even have a whole lot of it's accessories between all the three sets. I really want to find it's funky standalone UHF antenna so it is much more complete.

I will go to the local specialty "batteries and light bulbs" store and see if I can actually even FIND one of those big long 12V rechargeable lantern batteries that came inside the specialized leather power pack. The onboard charger appears to be doing all the right stuff, but the pristine looking original battery doesn't appear to be even remotely holding anything.

Last edited by AiboPet; 07-12-2013 at 01:43 PM.