View Single Post
Old 07-17-2022, 06:57 PM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Console User View Post
Can anyone tell me what one should pay for a 43 Inch Samsung Plasma TV? They say it has low hours on it. They are asking $150 for it. Any advice would be great.

Does anyone know the Sony Plasma TVs were?

Thanks.
I personally don't know why anyone would bother to purchase a plasma TV these days (also, I don't know where anyone could find a plasma HDTV now, except on the used market). Plasma televisions are outdated, compared to LCD and LED flat screen sets; in fact, the new 4K flat screens can make any plasma TV seem like a has-been, as the 4K and better resolution flat panels can run rings around any plasma set.

Another advantage LED/LCD flat screens have over plasma sets is resistance to screen burn-in. With a plasma television, if a stationary image (such as a color bar chart or a test pattern) is left on the screen any extended length of time, said image will burn itself into the screen, destroying the plasma panel immediately. LED/LCD flat screen TVs, on the other hand, have built-in screen savers which will replace the displayed TV picture with a preprogrammed image which moves across the screen, if the picture is stationary any length of time.

Why plasma TVs do not have the feature I just mentioned is beyond me. If they did, I'm sure plasma sets would still be around today. This drawback may have pretty much killed plasma televisions, IMHO, even though the plasma sets may have excellent pictures. I have never seen or owned one (the two flat screen TVs I own are both LED/LCD), so I don't know how much better or worse the pictures may be on a plasma TV, compared to LED/LCD sets.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by Jeffhs; 07-17-2022 at 07:03 PM.