View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 07:53 PM
M is for Memory

Angry One step forward 10 steps back...

Well the check engine light went out after the repair, came back on at the end of the first week after the repair then a day later went out and stayed out....till now.

This morning I tried to start it up a few min before leaving for work (to warm it up), and everything on the dash behaved as normal...Only it did not even try to crank with the key in the crank position. The radio and accessories turn off in crank position so it I'd guess the ignition switch is still good. Multiple tries and pushing the gass pedal down did nothing, and when I got home tonight it still refused to make an attempt to crank. Battery voltage is fine, hell I jumped it to my Lincoln with the Lincoln running and even with the Envoy showing 14V on it's volt meter it refused to try to crank. The check engine light is back on. My guess is the crank signal runs through the computer and the computer is not happy for some reason.

It did something similar to me about a week ago when leaving work...Would not crank the first few key movements (check engine light was out IIRC). I waited a minute or two then retried and it started fine then so I shrugged it off...Seems it definitely needs help now.

I guess the first thing to do is see what Chillton's has to say about the starter motor circuit... A friend has a code reader so I may borrow that to see if I can figure out if/what's makin the computer angry...

This car may end up sold before the ETF...I need a good TV hauller, and this thing seems to have more chewing gum and drywall screws than actual automobile left in it.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 03-17-2017 at 08:04 PM.