View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 09:51 AM
I love old stuff

It remainds you because they are Czech made P.C.C. type streetcars (in Europe trolleys are trolleybuses, not streetcars). Years ago I noticed that the boogie of a P.C.C. streetcars resemble with the ones of "Tatra" streetcars made Č.K.D. ... later I found out why. The P.C.C. where copied by Czech, Belgian, Italian, Polish manucaturers. ČKD made more P.C.C. streetcars then "Pulmann Standard" and "Saint Louis Car Company" combined. T1 and T2 where the 1sts, but the T3 one was the 1st produced in very large quantyties. Only Galaţi had T3's (I don't if is any left preserved), the rest T4's.

@ Colly0410 : quting trolleybuses wasn't a good ideea.
In the '30's you had some intresting looking doble decker trolleybuses down there. I mean this: http://www.sfu.ca/person/dearmond/ar...tingham-24.jpg
There isn't a single country in the world lef to operate double decker trolleybuses... only in museums you can ride them.
In Bucharest is even worse. Only about 10% of the public transportation income comes from people paying the ride and there is a big lack of spare parts for trams (streetcars), trolleybuses, buses so you can't improve a lot the public transportation.
The subway starting to be built in around 1975 it's more modern. Romanians have tradition in building railways.
We could have had more subway lines, but Nicoale Ceauşescu preffered to spen money on meagolmanic projects in stad of building more subway lines and aftere 1989...

Railways (except for narrow gauage or industrial ones) where started to be electrified lately, so we use 27 k.V. 50 Hz. Bulgaria, Serbia, Hungary, Ukraine (larger gauge) are using the same system, but olny one border crossing is electrified - one to/from Hungary...

Last edited by Telecolor 3007; 06-27-2020 at 09:38 AM.