View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 03:43 AM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Yeah...You saw a lot of "Weekend Warrior" types who had those cheap 'n' Shoddy plastic bedliners in their pickem ups. We were FARMERS, weUSED up trucks to HAUL stuff in, Henry never had less than a 3/4 to truck, he had a 5th wheel gizmo mounted in the bed, so he could pull a farm wagon, or a horse trailer. He was a BIG believer-as am I-thatif you thought a 1/2 ton would work, you prolly oughta get the Big Dawg, 'cause you'd likely end up wishing you would have not long after you got it.
For sure, I'd look for the same things in a pickup or van. I never know what I may run across that I would want to stuff into one. This brings to mind a show in which one character has a rather oddly-optioned Ford F100; not very useful I thought. If I ever say "eight is enough", I would likely be referring to wheel lugs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Here in the states Ford vs Chevy is mostly a generic pickup truck debate... with Dodge being the little guy the others can agree to laugh off.... I guess canajins are more concerned with 4WD... understandable.
Not unless you consider busted up pavement as a reason for needing 4 wheel drive; that's how it is in the place I'm itching to get out of anyway. You're buying into a common yankee stereotype which is especially untrue of where I am.

Pinterest memes are my only source of information on the 4X4 debate; I doubt the bulk of contributors are Canadian.

Last edited by Jon A.; 02-07-2019 at 04:14 AM.