View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 02:25 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
I went w/4WD because down here in Hooterville, they DON'T know what to do when this cold, white stuff falls from the sky. We typically get one or snows a winter, plus several more dustings. But what happens is it'll snow, melt a bit, & then the bottom drops out of the temperature, & everything turns into ice. Fun, fun, fun ! I got caught out in a pretty decent-for US-snow-4-6"& got passed by a Corvette going 60-65 or so. I was creeping along at MAYBE 25-30, it wasn't glare Ice yet, but it was still slicker than snot on a doorknob. I finally got home, put the Valdez up, shut the door, & didn't get out again for a couple days. Let Ronnie Redneck & Co. spin right round like a record, baby, I'll just stay home & laugh at his ass when he makes the 11 PM news...
Sounds like the climate in this armpit of a province. I got a "I <3 snow" button for my coat mostly to keep the winter whiners at bay. They are a VERY vocal majority; it's as if they're trying to push their preference on those who disagree. Consider our building maintenance guy; I don't know what the hell his problem is, he brings up his hatred of snow/love of heat almost every time mom and I see him even though we've told him our opinion. I doubt he does it to irritate us as I borrow tools from him regularly, so he's a major ignoramus at the very least.

As for Ronnie Redneck, chances are he would end up in some of those crash compilation videos as well. I don't know of any other car that would shatter on impact. It's more fun to see them turned into twisted metal provided the occupants come out okay. I get a kick out of watching tempered glass windows explode as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
On most trucks 6 lug are half ton and 8 lug are three quarter or bigger...
My point exactly.

Last edited by Jon A.; 02-07-2019 at 06:48 PM.