View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 06:19 PM
VideoKarma Member

Exclamation Texscan character generator Z-series

Hello,

I'm reaching out for some help. I have what cable networks used to broadcast back in the 90's. It's a computer in iteself capable of showing news, bulletins, weather alerts, etc. This was before the HD generation. As part of making my own man cave, I wanted to have my guests greet & show bulletins as I take them back to their generation. So, I have here a Texscan MSI Spectragen Z4000 computer. It works, but I cannot get it to edit. And, a while ago, I had the actual manufacturer sent me a specific keyboard with all the shortcuts pre-printed on the keys. Unfortunately, it does not work. I tried other keyboards like XT, AT, etc and it won't let me edit. I tried wiping out the memory as a fresh start and it populated the reserved pages on how to do it but I still can't edit. I accidentally erased the contents inside the NVRAM time clock chip and rendered useless...until I bought another one.

Do you have one of these? If so, what is your setup look like? Or, if you know someone or forum you can point me there. I am also looking for the sofware disk "SG-Edit" or "SG-Edit W" if anyone has not installed it yet. I tried downloading it, but the website is too outdated. They wiped out from existence after I asked support to get a copy. If you have this copy, please let me know.

Thanks,
Dan