View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 05:11 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
I think the smallest Sony I ever seen was a 4" version of the little "tummy TV" sets....the ONE I don't have yet. All the other Tummys were 5" unless you count the S8-301 as a Tummy TV (8")

ONLY sets I have seen "nearly" this small are the little Panasonic TR series 1.5" sets....and my astonishing little CT-101 color set (also Panasonic). Some Sony sets got smaller than 4", but I think they were ALL "paddle" CRT sets....of which I am guessing the smallest was like 2" (just a guess..since I think both of mine are 2.7").

There was one Panasonic (TR-001 ?) from maybe the early 70s that may have been 1". I have seen them on ebay...but they get REAL expensive FAST..and I have never seen one in person yet.

UPDATE:

LOL!!!!
I only JUST noticed WHO I was replying to :-P
You already know all this SEVERAL times over about my little Panasonics (I just received another VERY dead TR-1010 today as well)

I'll be watching this thread CLOSELY since both you and I really love these micro sets.