View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 11:24 AM
M is for Memory

Before the HV reg (more specifically that 4.5M resistor feeding its grid that Etype mistakenly refers to as a 3.4M above) was identified the large doorknob cap was briefly my prime suspect in the low HV issue. If that doorknob is a high failure part as you imply then I will look into replacing it. Since the first powerup, I have been running the set with all removable panels of the HV cage removed for maximum ventilation and ease of access...I suspect that may be contributing to the reception issues. I will be considering means of improving air circulation. If possible I'd like to refrain from putting holes in the original metal so I may make modified replica sides for the HV cage as mounting points for the fan(s).

Since I had some good free time until the end of this week the goal was to do as much as I can. I started a new job late this week...Between a swap meet this weekend and work it may be a while before I can sink more time into this, however, I'm pleased I was able to get this far in the time I've spent.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4