View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 01:32 AM
Another CT-100 lives!

Jeff-

If you have "analog cable", how are you getting the HD channels into your set? What connection(s) go into the set, and what mode(s) are used on it? At the minimum, I would expect that you have the cable itself going into the TV (no cable box), and to get HD channels you must have mixed digital/analog cable. Also in that case, the TV itself will have memorized a combination of analog NTSC channels and digital QAM channels. Is all of that true?

Or, do you have a cable box feeding the set? If you do, what connection does it use into the TV? The only connections that could give you an HD picture on ANY channels are the component (YPrPb) multi-color RCA jacks (five total plugs on each end between the cable box and the TV for sound and picture) or an HDMI cable from the box to the TV. Let me know. I watch some HDTV on this laptop computer that has a 12-inch screen, and the difference from HD down to standard definition is easy to see.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."