View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 08:49 PM
M is for Memory

I got the new lock motor in. Surprisingly the middle length shaft in the package best matched the original. One annoyance is that the retainer pin for whatever shaft is selected did not want to go into the hole....I tried pushing/compressing it in with pliers and have a blood blister to show for that. I also tried hammering it with no luck asside from further damaging the retainer pin. My solution was to remove the pin slide a short thinner nail through the collar and shaft (where the pin was supposed to go), cut the sharp end off and bend the nail so that it can not fall out (a poor man's cotter pin if you will).

The cracked section on the arm rest I glued last time came apart so I'm re-gluing it, and adding reinforcement. If it fails again I may try to get another....There is a yard out in Rockford (not close, but not too far) that supposedly has a 78 Mark. I plan on going there once I've graduated (and have time to do so), and grabbing some odds and ends I need and anything else that may be of use within reason. If it has the driver side door rest in better shape I may grab it, and if it is the wrong color just paint it black.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4