View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 02:02 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaddriver View Post
Near as I can remember it, the last term is supposed to be a grease job, except for the final project and any thesis...(my last project was a Prolog-based translator to turn the engineering dept fortran programs into pascal as well as the emacs user manual)

anyways, once you have the diploma, a NEW work starts - or should. One where you are on station by 8am in some sort of monkey suit and tie and have to keep quiet a lot. Sometimes you get an 'office space' type job, others are like 'head office' and in this day and age like 'secret of my success'.

But its important to take time to smell the roses. The multitude of car shows near me are my roses (it used to be also weekly ATV trips but Im 50 - its often a painful task to keep up with my teenager.)

Of note, ever see 'white litghning' with burt reynolds? this show auctioned off his bandit TA and at the show I swear was his lightning ford - giant 4 door sedan with a killer 429, 4spd and cop tires....
It would be a easy quarter if I did not have 3 lab courses (which last quarter I (re?)discovered was unsustainable), one of my teachers was not a complete idiot who is sometimes more being taught by the class than teaching it, and I did not have 2 days of 8AM class (I've never been a morning person). Last year I took the senior design course, and that thing drove me to the edge of insanity (I caught myself nearly peeing in bathroom trash cans, jumping down flights of stairs, and muttering "I want to go home" while at home, all for no reason) since we bit off more than we could chew, and I had a number of courses that were hideously complex and challenging. This my fifth year and thanks to a summer internship my burnout from last year never completely dissipated. My mind ain't being bent as bad as last year, but the excess busy work is about the last thing I need.
My roses have been the local radio meets, but that has been on the decline. It used to be I hit all the Local and Chicago meets, but then college started and it all gradually got to the point that this year I have not made a meet since fall and the local ones are maybe 5-15 minutes away from school...It would help if they did not hold them from about 6:45-8:30AM (it goes on longer, but way too many folks leave early) on Sundays when I stay up late for my only weekly TV viewing on Saturday (A few times I almost drove myself, then choose sleep instead).

I've never seen "White Lightning" (I may try to now), but I considered a Ford sedan or two from that era when I was looking for a car. I liked the looks, and half decent ones could had for about 1K$...Which would have left me plenty of money to play with, and I would not feel as bad about being in an accident in something so cheap....There are enough bad/suicidal drivers out here that defensive driving is a must, especially on the highway.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4