View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 08:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
That's the way many of the threads work out around here.
It's been a little dry, regarding new topics. It's a good thing that there is a few members that are sharing their experiences with their projects.
Well I'm having a bit of a problem with my Ol' Zenith it seems that (and I already mentioned this when I initially posted this thread) my radio's clock mechanism isn't working, tried swapping out the rotor thinking that maybe the original rotor may have seized up over the years (which is quite common for old Telechron movements) but even my known good telechron rotor didn't work on this clock and the transformer for powering up the rotor is still good as I can still hear it humming away when its plugged in, the only other thing I can think of is that the movement itself is seized up and that it needs to be oiled up but the clock is a pain in the butt to get apart because you have to actually remove the whole radio chassis itself out of the cabinet in order to get access to the clock movement and I already had it apart once tonight and I don't want to take it apart again right now, (at least not tonight) anyways do you have any ideas as to what could be wrong with the clock mechanism on my radio? Like I said the radio part works flawlessly yet, its the clock part I'm having issues with.