View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 11:54 AM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUD1 View Post
I set my Sencore VG91 to 45.75 MHz and injected it straight into the chassis, as I sometimes do for TV's that have lackluster tuners.

At first, I thought that I could have gotten the tuner wires mixed up, but I swapped them around and it made no difference.

I had to swap the volume and power controls by de and resoldering them onto the appropriate chassis. It "works", but I think there is a problem within the remote chassis, because it exhibited this same behavior before I swapped.
Until I saw the thumbnails attached to this post, I had never in my life seen such a weird CRT display on a color TV--and I worked on old cast-off TVs as a hobby for years when I lived in a house with a basement. I would not have thought it was possible to distort a color bar pattern that way, and I have no idea what was going on in your set to cause it. If you just swapped a couple of wires on the chassis, that should not have caused such a display. I am at a complete loss to explain why you are getting this, although I have never worked on a Zenith roundie color TV, or even Zenith rectangular sets. At this point I don't even want to guess what was causing this bizarre screen display.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.