View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 11:08 PM
VideoKarma Member

I also have a question about which radio I should keep and which one I should sell after I fix them up electrically.

I want to try and electrically and also cosmetically restore both of these radio and keep one for my collection and sell the other, but I'm having a hard time deciding which one I should keep and which one I should sell, I would like to keep the Stromberg-Carlson unit because while its got a wider footprint than the Zenith it has a much shallower footprint depth wise than the Zenith and since I'm kind of limited on space as it is I think a radio that is shallower in depth would make more sense than one that has a really deep cabinet when it comes to displaying it goes, but the Zenith has a really gorgeous cabinet with beautiful walnut inlays around the cabinet and a nice art deco "waterfall" design to the top of the cabinet, whereas the Stromberg-Carlson cabinet is kind of plain and boxy looking with more of a "Chippendale" look.

They both have very similar features (e.g. push-button presets, audio tone controls, AM and Shortwave reception, "Hi-Fi Audio" etc.)

I would love to hear your opinions as to which unit you think I should keep and which one I should sell.

Thanks!