View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 04:00 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
If it is a varactor tuner the fine tuning will be a pot, but if it is a LC tuned turret tuner the fine tuning will be a cap or a slug in a coil.
I have no idea what kind of tuner it is. I ordered the Sam's but it's not supposed to be in for several days yet. All I know is that it's turning something inside a separate metal casing that is part of the tuner. I can see it rotating visibly, and I have cleaned it.

I don't think this is a problem with Fine Tuning - The fact the channels are dozens out and there's no static on ANY VHF channels should indicate something else is wrong, should it not?

Quote:
Also could you please use smaller pictures in your next post? On my phone and laptop the pictures are so big I have to either scroll horizontally to read (which is a pain) or zoom out so far the text becomes REALLY tiny.
I'm using a phone to take the pictures and I'm uploading them to a file sharing service in their source resolution. They look fine on both my phone screen and my desktop computer, the text is readable and I don't even have the option to scroll horizontally.