View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 06:15 PM
M is for Memory

I was already planing to do something like that. I'm an easy does it kind of a guy. I'll probably see what the minimum it takes to slide is, and practice dealing with a pinch more than that. Finding a good lot in reasonable driving distance will be the tricky part...The roads are hilly and twisty for the most part so the longer the journey the more the chances of unplanned/unwanted road practice. I doubt I'd get my self into trouble inadvertently on the road, since I've been accused of driving like an old man (a fair assessment of my technique IMO) before.

A friend has been trying to talk me into doing that stuff on a frozen lake in the coldest part of January when you see the ice fishers take their pickups, and multi-ton construction equipment out on the ice, but I'm a bit apprehensive on that.
This same friend has done that in his Prelude before...

@GGregg: Thanks. I'm pretty sure it does not have ABS, but it was actually an option on my model...They called it 'Sure-trac', and it only 'modulated' the rear brakes. Lincoln offered ABS before any other major brand, and in the late 80's IIRC when the guberment wanted car makers to offer it they were the first to (re)introduce it.
Another option that Squirrel boy might get a kick outa (if he is still following this thread) is that among the available 'trailer towing package' options was adjustable air ride suspension according to the manual.

@ Dieseljeep + jim: Lol! That is not the first dumb thought I've had that someone beat me to thinking of.

Yesterday I bought the factory shop manuals off ebay, and today I went to the auto parts shop and got a 'weather/water proof car covering' (AKA a tarp), and floor mats. I had hoped to do that before it snowed on it again, but I was a bit too slow. I did make enough room to confirm it fits in the garage though (It should since the house is nearly the age as my car). And it will stay in the garage until the snow stops and and has melted off it.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4