View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 08:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
That's probably a true statement!
I haven't heard a lot of grumbling about Hyundai, or even Kia. Most owner's feel that, they're good value for the money.
Yeah and Foreign cars are very expensive to work on, both my grandfathers were mechanics all their lives and they wouldn't touch a foreign car with a 10 foot pole because they needed too many repairs and because they were too expensive to repair, my one uncle had a 1978 Dodge Omni that all that was wrong with it was that the head gasket blew on the engine but since the Dodge Omni's from that time period used Volkswagen 4-Cylinder engines (Chryler never developed their own 4-cyclinder engine they just used Volkswagen and then later on Mitsubishi engines) the parts were kind of hard to source so the Omni got junked, then my uncle had an old Toyota Camary from the late 1980s that was basically a piece of junk because everytime you turned around it would blow a head gasket (which is already an expensive job as it is, then add to it that it was a foreign car it made the job even more expensive) so my uncle ended up junking that car out after its 3rd head gasket, and then got and old Honda Accord from the early 1990s and that thing was a hunk of junk as well because it too blew head gaskets left and right and so then my uncle got a 1989 Plymouth Sundance and that car got him around for quite awhile after the initial 100,000 mile head gasket replacement and then he finally got rid of that and bought a Subaru which he's not had as much trouble with (granted that the Subaru was a 2006 and not from the 1980s) but still I don't see the advantage of owning a foreign car over owning an American car, because foreign cars cost way too much to repair and maintain compared to an American car and they're quality isn't that great. I mean seriously how many foreign cars have you seen that have had bodies that have held up to winter weather in the Norther United States? Not many, most foreign cars I've ever seen were falling apart before the engine died, whereas the bodies on most American cars seem to hold up better against Northern United States winters, and most of the time the bodies outlast the engines.