View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 10:47 AM
i <3 my Denon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
That's an interesting looking power supply. I already have some of the parts for it.
I'll use a power transformer from a scrap VTVM, that wasn't worth repairing.
I can always use an extra power supply for a battery tube radio.
That power supply looked much safer than some of the transformerless ones I saw. There was another one on that page that basically rectified line voltage; which would have required all sorts of isolation.

The transformer I think is about $11; which doesn't seem too bad. We had a very similar supply at work that came as a kit (I had to assemble). It was different than this circuit; provided more voltages, but fundamentally the same.

It worked rather well. Never had a ground problem; so I'm pretty confident this design will work well.

Quote:
Fair enough that's a pretty good argument for a power supply!
Well, this is what I told my boss. If he wanted me to get amp's fixed and off the bench in under an hour (because god forbid he pay me more than $12 to fix an amp); I don't have time to remember to turn the signal tracer on when I have to worry about high b+ and other issues. I can work safely and efficiently; but I have to do things like leave test equipment on during the duration of the day.