View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 08:55 PM
Duck, you sucker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWM View Post
when you did the orig CRT setup you said something about not liking to use the setup switch bur rather seting up the red raster then the other colors.

Now you have the set working but you say the brightness control must be set to max.

I presume the jail bars are happening with this setup.

So

now measure the crt pin voltages. don't move the pots I just want to know what the voltage are after you did the setup and had the picture that you say is low in brighness.
Oh, I get it. That setup was the grayscale. The setup switch puts a single horizontal line across the screen and you're supposed to turn up the G2s so you get a white line. It's to hard to do this, so I used another's suggestion about pulling the IF cable and going with a full screen raster. The only difference is, and this could be the issue, is that with the IF disconnect way, you turn up till visible and then down til just off. With the setup line, you want each visible. So maybe turning back til just off is making it too dim for good brightness.

Oh, and I'm not maxed out, but just about. There's about 1/8" movement left in the control. I know on my other CCII, there's about 3/16 or more left and can get pretty bright.

When I flip her over Wednesday, I'll measure the G2 voltages as set.

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650