View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 01:18 AM
Australian Young'un

Quote:
When I was in college around 30 odd years ago, There was a 'roundie' in the corner of the electronics lab.

The lecturer said it was a Philips, but it didnt look like any Philips Ive ever seen before--or since. Looked a bit like some of your RCA roundie chassis...

A steel chassis full of valves, a metal black box on the right hand side and this fixed to a front wooden board that sorta held the round CRT, and front trim etc....

Lecturer (Who was quite a character) said it was--his words--'Never Twice The Same Colour' meaning NTSC and 110V, VHF Tuner and that it didn't work.....

Cant remember much more about it--but who knows, Swansea College being what Swansea College is--Its probably still there! Maybe I should pay a call there.....

--This set may somehow be related to the time when colour standards were being investigated by both Australia and UK....
I reckon it's definitely a lead worth following up! Roundies outside North America aren't exactly common beasties.

Quote:
Can't wait to see it restored to its former glory, displaying the "Glorious Lollipop Color" Roundies are famous for. A well-set up roundie-and a LOT of them never really were- is truly a sight to behold. Ya done GOOD !
So am I! Except I'm not going to post the usual "Wizard of Oz" photograph... More like "King of the Hill"..!