View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 12:47 AM
Duck, you sucker!

Okay, lots of responses, so I'll try to respond to all here.

I'm glad it's an Avanti. It's what I've been looking for. Picked it up in Malibu for 50.00.

I purchased the Sams Photofacts for the chassis and did the brightness limiter. I then tried the grayscale adjustments and that's where I ran into an issue. I turned the color control down, turned the red, blue and green fully counterclockwise and set the taps to HI. I then put it into service mode. I was able to get a raster line for the blue and green, but not red. If I turned up the color control, the red line would appear, but wasn't as sharp as the other color lines. Is this normal or is there something I should be looking for that could cause this?

I have a CRT tester and a color bar generator coming on Wednesday. In the mean time, I've vacuumed as much as I can and now need to get in between stuff. Is a soft bristle toothbrush okay for cleaning (no solvent). What are good ways to do the cleaning? Also, is there a way to get the plastic stand a bit more on the white side? I tried a magic eraser, but it didn't work. I think the plastic has yellowed down quite a bit from the surface.

Thanks for the all the great information and advice. I know will all your help she'll be up and going great soon.

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650