View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 07:55 AM
VideoKarma Member

front loaders are trendy right now...the big sell point is that they use less water,and they look futuristic and nice when painted in pretty colors,they charge a lot for em and i bet the profit margins are high...when we needed a new washer and dryer a couple years ago,we shopped for and bought the traditional toploader and matching oversized dryer...on purpose...my GF and i had both had experience with front loaders and despised them...

it is true that they don't use a lot of water,but we had both found that even commercial grade versions are slow and don't clean worth a damn,they just tumble the clothes back and forth using just enough water to get them wet...the fact that they now market special cleaners and soaps for these washers should tell you all you need to know about where the dirt does and doesn't go in these washers.how does something that should be full of soap and water every time it's used need special cleaning to keep from smelling??think about that....routine cleaning a top-loader is unheard of,its flushed with soap and water multiple times every cycle...as are your clothes!

if you're on a well or in some dry part of the world where water is expensive or conservation is important,a frontloader may make some sense...but this is not us,some things are worth paying for and i will gladly pay for the extra water to have truly clean clothes in 35 minutes
Audiokarma