Thread: Rca 621TS
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 11:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

I reassembled the TV to power it up. As a recap of what was done so far, was to replace the E-Caps, clean the on-off volume pot, clean the brightness contrast pots, clean the V and H hold pots, clean the focus pot, replace some caps and resistors.
I powered it up using my variac and all seemed good using my 5AXP4 CRT. (EDITT: I then installed the 7DP4 CRT.) After a little warm up, I adjusted the Ion Trap and had a very bright raster. The HV is good! I could hear good audio from channel 6 a local FM station, but when I had a good picture from my converter box, there was no audio. I could hear static and some clicking. A lot of hash when I changed channels. I haven't gone through the audio section yet.
Over all a decent picture and good audio but not together. Of course I have a lot of caps and resistors to replace. I'll do some more power ups as I go through each section. And I haven't even touched the tuner yet.

Here is what I have now:

A composite of before and after:

Last edited by Crist Rigott; 02-27-2017 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Clarified when I used the Ion Trap.