View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 02:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

21CT55 Screen-Shot Test

Thanks for your responses. In reviewing this thread I noticed the third screen shot of my Beth, Andy and Baby Jack was not interlaced. So I replaced it with a shot having proper interlace. This correction emphasizes my contention all posted Roundy screen shots should be taken in total darkness, sized full edge to edge and presented on the viewing monitor full size edge to edge. Conveying cabinet detail is a separate issue and should be taken full room lighting. Since I have no cabinet I have no problem with this. I also added two more good shots plus a saturated color bar shot. Check it out. The bar colors appear quite accurate on my 19 inch Acer LCD monitor. The red bar’s hue is virtually indistinguishable from my clock’s red led numerical dial color hue. The CRT is a 21FBP22A rare-earth with a white-paper gray face plate. I always considered this CRT’s red to be more “pure” compared to my Sony Pro monitor which specs SMPTE-C color phosphor. The Sony’s red bar is more “orangish” like all my other CRT TVs.

Last edited by Tomcomm; 09-25-2017 at 03:12 PM.