View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 05:47 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
My buddy has a 75 Olds Custom Cruiser wagon. It's got that clamshell rear door, in fact, it's the same car as in that picture. It's pretty cool. His car is in great shape, it was a one (elderly) owner, garage kept until he bought it in like 2010 or so. Can you imagine, that old man bought this car in 1975 when he was 65 years old, for a retirement car, and lived to be 90-something to sell the car 30-some years later? Sadly, my friend keeps it locked up in his garage and it hasn't been out or running for many years. But I'm sure it's still in the same excellent shape.

Those wagons are so rare on the road nowadays, that one time I saw one totally identical to his parked on a street somewhere, and I pulled over and called him to make sure nobody had stolen his car!
A friend inherited his Grandfather's house and car and it was a 70's olds (IIRC a 1977-8 Cutlass). He lives in the house with the original furnishings plus a bunch of MCM stuff he collects, and he let the car rot in a storage locker for over a decade. Another friend helped him get it back to roadworthy recently, though it probably isn't driven much. Ironically the same car in a different color has been rotting worse outside in that same storage complex.

My grandma also had a late 70's olds sedan in the 90's...One winter something grazed the side, it got rusty fast and she traded it for a Buick.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4