View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 04:16 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
The set in the picture looks to have the 19VDGP4 CRT.
I didn't think Panasonic products had all those problems.
Panasonic issued about 30-40 corrections, mods and service notes each month. As the librarian for my Dad's shop, I used to "juggle" the binders, shifting as the library grew. In one year, we added ten 2" binders, just in "white sheets" - TV mods and service notes (usually corrections to schematics or parts lists). They also issued pink or blue sheets for audio - but changed those to white as well, when they started to shift to microfiche. It seems blue and pink don't photograph well, making the shift to microfiche slow.

Panasonic had a run of bad CRTs - rumor was they bought cheap ones from Clinton or Hitachi and got bad batches. They fixed the problem quickly, as the whole Matsushita name was attached to their acquisition of Quasar. We dropped the warranty work after they started up Quasar - too few sets to mess with. We kept up the library until about 1983 or so. I still have all the microfiche, save the odd audiophile stuff I sold years ago on eBay for $$$.

IIRC, Matsushita settled on 16 warranty stations nationwide for Quasar, and sold 90% of the sets within those areas. Nearest to here was Arlington, VA - just outside of DC, and covered Baltimore as well...
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!