View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 05:37 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Video View Post
Argentina and Chile have better educational systems, their local peoples tend to be a bit more vigilant over those who are in power. A complete madmen like the current president of Brazil would not get elected in those countries.

As for local brands of TVs, did any survived somewhere in the world? I get the impression that China and South Korea killed almost all of them. Even the might Philips is out of the TV manufacturing business now ( they licensed the use of their name to some other company ).
Philips is out of everything except medical equipment (MRI, X-ray, EKG, medical cloud AI, etc) and medical personal hygiene (electric shavers and electric toothbrushes, etc) ...when I was working for their MRI anatomy coils division I read about how they had gotten out of lighting and and we're in the process of spinning their laundry/kitchen appliances division off into it's own independent company... Even before they axed the facility I was working at and fired most of their employees (myself included) their woke green agendas and intention to dump non-medical divisions disturbed me. A large company needs to stay diversified. If someone else (or a group of companies collectively) creams them at medical and steals all their market share then they are finished...If they still had lighting and consumer appliances/electronics even if that isn't making a killing it will give them revenue to survive on if medical gets in trouble.

I think Vizio or some other TV makers is nominally American owned and has manufacturing facilities here...how much of it is actually made in America from American materials is questionable.

Zenith supposedly still exists in some broadcast equipment manufacturing capacity (but handed their consumer electronics off to LG).

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 08-06-2021 at 05:43 PM.