View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 07:24 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiboPet View Post
And yes Dieseljeep. I found that to be the case with the little RCA "lunar" clock radio. It's SUPPOSED to be all white (and would look REAL NICE that way again)....but it's all yellow....EVEN underneath, and the few I have seen ALL seem to look like that. Some worse than others.

I may someday paint it white again (The Lunar)....but so far have just left it unmolested. I did pull that one apart to get it's little flip-clock working....and ALMOST painted it white THEN.
Google search for "Retrobrite" (hope I got the spelling) the vintage Computer collecting crowd developed it for removing yellowing from vintage plastic.

I think when I was a few years old my folks let me play with a similar GE to yours. The cord had been cut off because it was busted. Some where between when I was 4 and 9 years old in the mid 90's I dropped the set about 3' and released the vacuum on the CRT outside when my folks were around. They thought the thing might be leaking toxic gas and had me stand back until the hissing stopped. LOL It hit the curb on the next garbage day after that.....

That dumb incident caused me, a few years later, to release the vacuum on a 21" CRT in 50's monochrome RCA table set so I could discharge the HV......God was I dumb then. That set is still rotting in the woods as it has for at least the last 4 decades.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4