View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 07:52 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Hehehehe...Back around '83 or so, I'd just gotten my Uzi. Hadn't had it Converted to Rockin Roll yet, but even in semi-auto, an Uzi ain't exactly Chopped Liver...Anyhow, I bought an old Sixties vintage GE B/W console, me & a bud took it up to The Dump, & he videotaped me shooting the old GE...I first pulled all the tubes out, set 'em on top & plinked 'em off..Then, the 2 big tuning knobs met their fate. Finally the CRT exploded in a hail of 9 MikeMike...We just left that ol' TV up there, I it served as a Target for all the OTHER wannabe Rambos...Every time we came back, a little more had been turned into Doodle-Dust... By Oct/Nov, even the chassis was more or less gone.. I think I paid the old guy $2 for it, we CERTAINLY got more than our money's worth of Fun outta it...C'mon, all y'all KNOW you've always wanted to BLAST AWAY a junky old TV...Sad thing is, there are some microwave antennas up there that got made into impromptu targets, & the place also turned into one of the bigger drug supermarkets around here...And I think a couple of Girls got, uhh, "Compromised" up there, so the city shut it down. A big padlocked gate guards the joint now, w/a stern "WARNING !" sign.