View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 09:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterbeers View Post
Both of you Phil and Steve have very good ideas. I sort of like to see whats on the screen as I work on it, but I also understand that it is much easier on the bench. I am concerned about the yoke only in the sense that the cover is crumbling, and I believe there was a post about how to make one using something common, such as a plastic lid, or something. Of course the crumbling yoke covers were common on all of the old sets, even B&Ws as well.
I used a Home Depot paint can cover suggested by another VKer. Look at this thread post #27 to see a before and after picture of the yoke:
http://videokarma.org/showthread.php...=21ct55&page=2

The cover fit on the yoke nicely. I made three small holes to allow the rivets on the shield that mounts on the back of the cover to snap into the cover.

I did my initial powered testing on the bench with the yoke plugged in but no CRT connected. I made many quick powered checks with the HV loaded by a 40KV HV probe. Once all the voltages, currents, and waveforms looked right I put the chassis back into the cabinet laying it on its side to get at the bottom of the set.
Dave

Last edited by Zenith6S321; 06-04-2015 at 09:53 PM.