View Single Post
Old 11-06-2023, 01:30 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
My children (Son & Daughter in law) who live with me keep the bathroom clock set about 3 minutes ahead on purpose, they seem to think it gives them a jump on the morning somehow

I still haven't figured out what time has been "saved" by the three minute time zone between the bathroom & the rest of the house, but I guess it works for them
I can sometimes understand that. If you're bad estimating duration and need to compensate. When I had cable I used to set my work bench clock ~3 minutes fast so when my shows came on I would have extra time to run upstairs and start watching if in the middle of something.

This is more being too dumb to figure out how to change it without the manual, being too lazy to find the manual, getting used to the unacceptable, then during time changes relying on me to fix the hour then wanting to keep the minutes wrong....on one clock and 2-3 minutes off it's not the end of the world, but when it's 4 or more clocks each off by different larger amounts for no meaningful/real reason it starts to get excessively difficult to manage and confusing. On the car clocks I generally cut the drift in half and try to set it by that amount in the opposite of the drift so for the half of the year between adjustments it's at least closer to correct on average than it otherwise would be.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4