View Single Post
Old 07-21-2002, 01:54 AM
VideoKarma Member

Just wanted to bring everyone up to date on the latest additions to my vintage b/w collection.

At a local auction this week, I picked up (for $1 each) a Motorola and a Philco B/W console both from circa late 1950s. Both produce picture and sound, one has a brightness problem (but a good CRT) and the other has insufficient vertical sweep. The Philco has what looks like a Predicta chassis inside a traditional 50's-style console cabinet. I'll snap some pics of it later this week.

Here's the REALLY EXCITING NEWS!!!

Part 1 -- I've almost finished recapping the Fada TV30 (channel 1) that I bought from Tim (with the original Owner's Manual) and all I need next is to get a coil slug, a few knobs, a hv cage and a back. I've got those projects in progress.

Part 2 -- My RCA 630TS (channel 1) arrived yesterday. All I need for that one besides recapping is a back, a few knobs, a safety glass and a bracket.

Part 3 -- I just won an auction for a Fada 799 (channel 1, near mint with original Owners Manual and a full raster) today. Here is a pic of the set which I hope to be receiving sometime in the next month. An educated guess tells me that it's likely to produce a picture after cleaning the tuner, recapping optional like with my Crosley 9-408. The seller tells me that she acquired it from the original owner. It appears to have been taken care of very well and probably stored in a climate-controlled area of the house.

John