View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 12:40 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hello Reece,

Sounds good to find some old house wire. It will need to be sprayed for insulation since both sets of coils are interwound onto each other. The diameter in projects states 7/8". The set benefits alignment with converter attached while adjusting trimmers also.

I tried converter on early post war Zenith I have w/ both old & new FM bands. Interestingly, the strong station came across as just strong modulation hum. I DID pick up a different station though, 104.9. station is very low and barely audible w/ volume turned all the way up. The Zenith was not aligned to be used w/ converter, just hooked tweak quicly up to see results. I really need to get those signal boosters to compensate for passive converter. Will post results later. I'm having a problem posting pics.

An ideal candidate for this converter may be a higher end large tube set, more sensitive ---should help in some way. The project states 12 wire used, I'm hoping someone here can build their version of converter w/ proper wire and post results since this is a simple tweak.

Last edited by vintagecollect; 08-22-2012 at 12:51 AM.