View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 11:35 AM
Workin' Late Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winky Dink View Post
Kevin: Yes, zero ohms from the center tap to any other chassis ground. And (this is something I don't understand) zero ohms from antenna post to ground when the rheostat is at the lowest setting. When the rheostat is turned (440 ohm element), the antenna-ground resistance goes up to about 100 ohms, then back to zero at the highest volume setting.
Backing up a bit here. I measured the resistance between antenna and ground on my 42, and I get the same - close to 100 ohms at about mid volume. Looking at drawing again, it makes perfect sense - at mid setting the 400 ohms is basically split into two 200 ohm resistors in parallel, but the lower half is in series with the 6 ohm winding of the antenna transformer. So at mid setting you have 200 ohms in parallel with 206 between ground and antenna. A little hard for me to visualize looking at the drawing.

Quote:
I just put the coupling transformer back into the circuit--wired normally except the black lead goes to the 2nd RF grid. The result is the same: Three uncontrollable loud stations and the rest of the area stations come in normally.
I'm not clear on what you did, or did differently?