View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 02:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
How are you rescuing photobucket images/bypassing photobuckets' new policy of requiring money for external hosting to work? I can't even view pictures bigger than the gallery thumbnails in bucket accounts.
I didn't bypass the PB requirement, I just accessed the image with their link, saved the image, and then uploaded it directly to VK.

I right click on the PB update image in the post and either hit open image in new tab or open link in new tab. (I am using Google Chrome.) That gets me to the PB page, which again shows the PB update image. Then I right click on that PB update image and open the image in a new tab, which then displays the real image. I then save the image to my computer, and upload it to VK through the Manage Attachments feature, and then use the VK assigned link for the image within the IMG and /IMG tags to display it in the thread.

The old images are not difficult to access this way, just very time consuming. I fear that anyone who closes their PB account will be eliminating this access path, so I advise everyone to leave their PB accounts idle rather than closing them.

I think everyone involved in this fiasco get a class action suit going against PB to force them to grandfather in all old images to be usable as hot-linked 3rd party hosting, as that is what the policy was when they were placed on PB in the first place. The recent changes are a violation of trust against all who used PB.