View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 06:48 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA3WLJ View Post
What about Win8 and Win8.1 ?
A friend was a beta tester/got a production copy for free, and hated it.

I had to jump to Windows 10 from Vista, as IE9 became the most hated browser out there, with an increasing number of sites that either blocked it, or pop-upped you into oblivion. It's the reason I'll NEVER order again from All Electronics. Their website always popped up a dialog box one EVERY page with "update your browser for best viewing" when using IE9, yet the underlying code of their site never changed. Just attitude. When I complained, they told me where to go, so I did. Pure asinine, "we-know-better-than-you" umpti-ness. I proved them wrong with an order, and cancelled the order with a "see, folks with IE9 get along just fine with your website, so why the attitude?" Note to world: HTML5, XML, XHTML and TLS all work with IE9 - quit listening to W3, Kaspersky and Google.

When Google, Reuters and CNET all started with the same BS, I jumped to Win10 from Win Vista - by way of a new Acer computer with Intel i5 processor, 1TB hard drive, 8GB memory, 9 USB ports and full Office 2013 Standard - 'twas being dumped by Walmart for 200 dollars because it shipped with Win7, which I promptly upgraded to Win10...so I missed the 8/8.1 fiasco altogether. With ClassicShell, she acts like a WINXP speed demon, and gives me a browser others can live with. I just wish some Office functionality still worked - it does let me use Office 2007 alongside, no problems.
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!