View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 10:09 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill R View Post
I am curious about a few things.
1. where and how are you measuring the regulator current?
2 what is the actual B+Boost voltage? Should be ~1000 - 1200volts if I recall correctly.
3. Have you checked the screen grid resistors in the Horizontal output tube. I think there is a 47 ohm and 13K ohm that if they drift high at voltage cause low High voltage.
One thing that bothers me is that all the controls seem to have to be at one end of their range. This indicates a voltage problem in the B+ or Boost voltage. Possibly not enough drive from the horizontal output stage.
4. Have you checked for leaky caps in the horizontal yoke windings?
The 1.5 meg resistors in the regulator circuit are a matched pair. I would not change them to different values. Since they are 20% they are not out of spec. The key is they should be the same value. Yours are about 7% high, but they are very close to the same value.
i measured the hv current at the jumper location at the 033 cap and i used a fluke dvom and i do trust it works fine. i checked any and all resistors at the base of the hot and they are fine. the sams says the b+ voltages the highest is 400 and 390 volts and other lower ones right off the caps in the PS. the b+ is up because i would not be able to get the voltages at the crt that i get and they would be low but at around 700 volts at the crt seems the b+ is ok. the only thing i did not do is check or change caps in the yoke but i did write it down as something to check. i also had double checked my work with any resistors or caps that i had done which i had changed caps under the chassis only because of this problem and also unsoldered the caps and check them the simple way with a meter and they looked fine thinking maybe i got a bad one or 2. i have a new meter that checks, NF,MFD in caps and also frequency but dont know yet if it goes as high as 15,730.

Last edited by timmy; 01-14-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Audiokarma