View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 07:02 AM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyLlama View Post
Only on my old computers like my Tandy's and Apple IIGS where I don't have a choice. For my desktops being able to do this is important.
You ought to be able to use a regular PC monitor with the IIgs at least by using a scan doubler. It's the 15.75 KHz horizontal sync signal put out by the gs that makes a regular PC monitor unusable under normal circumstances.

Whoa, it's been a while since I saw a screen like that. Reminds me of the time I received a hand-down Macintosh IIci and a friend and I were trying to figure out what the mystery video card was for, as the computer had on-board video and this card wouldn't drive the monitor. Turns out it was for some oddball monochrome vertical-screen Mac monitor.

I'm using a ViewSonic UltraBrite A71f+. Bought new in 2005, taken out of service for a while when I decided to retire the Power Mac G3 that was too weak for my needs, put back in service when I got the late-model G4 in 2009 that I currently use, has been running for most of that time since. It has screen burn from my browser toolbar, and shows fine lines at the bottom of the screen as it's warming up, but hasn't missed a beat. A little while back I picked up a free ViewSonic PerfectFlat A70f to keep around as a spare. It remains untested.

Last edited by Jon A.; 07-02-2013 at 09:14 AM.