Thread: Apologies....
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 03:48 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Rest assured you didn't pee in my cornflakes since you came back. I grew up around a lot of characters who ran off at the mouth so I guess I just didn't notice what some others considered offensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
We have allowed our society to get in this sorry shape. My Dad was a FIRM believer of "Spare the Rod,& you'll Spoil the child" & trust me, I got at least my share of Arse-whoopins' & dirty looks, up til he died, almost 10 yrs ago. Some of 'em I didn't deserve, a lot of 'em I did.
Some take that literally, and overdo it big time. The drunk who was with my mom--who couldn't get rid of him--until he finally drank himself to death in 2003 would cuss out and terrorize me at random. Suffice it to say I didn't have good role models and have been shaking off their influence, especially his for all that time. In my experience, willing oneself to improve has little effect, most of it comes with time. I think the apex of that was when I realized how bad all that negative energy is for my mental health. These days my drama tolerance is extremely low; I even have to steer clear of most dramatic films.

Perhaps you should go cut down some trees with that uzi; seems like a good way to vent, especially if getting laughs out of it.