View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 10:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

PAL sets should not be any more difficult to repair. All schematics show on them waveforms of the standard colour bars. At the input to the PAL delay line (64 micro seconds), there is the composite chroma waveform, at the outputs there are the U signal, and the V signal. They go into balanced demodulators. The 4.443619 Mhz reference carrier to the U (B) demodulator is phase shifted by 90 degrees. The reference to the V (R) demodulator is switched by 180 degrees every second line. The outputs of the demodulators are matrixed together to recover the G signal. The three signals are then either mixed with the minus luminance signal to produce RGB signals at the picture tube cathodes, or the minus luminance signal is sent to the tubes three cathodes and the R,G and B signals are matrixed inside the picture tube (colour difference drive).
I hope my memory is not too far off. It has been many years since I learnt the theory.

As for the "parallel universe" I would say that Australia looks identical to the USA. but has a fondness for Britain.

Wayne